2021 FSBPA Annual Conference
Call for Abstracts
Deadline June 4, 2021
FSBPA welcomes abstracts for the 64th Annual Conference, to be held September 15-17, 2021, at the Opal Grand Oceanfront Resort in Delray Beach, FL. There will be several invited speakers presenting on the highlights from the 2021 Florida Legislative Session, the Florida beach management program, the latest on the state’s coastal resiliency program, and the history and project successes of beach management in our host communities of the City of Delray Beach and Palm Beach County.
Individual abstracts must be received by June 4, 2021, to be considered for this year’s program. Here are a few abstract ideas to consider. Others are welcomed.
- Beach nourishment or large scale dune restoration projects – lessons worth sharing
- Sand source needs and assessment, and regional sediment management
- Coastal resiliency and coastal risk management projects - from beaches and dunes to back bay flooding
- Coral reefs and other offshore resources – redefining their role in building resilient communities
- Economic and tourism trends of the beaches during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Perils to healthy and accessible beaches – beach closures and the toll it takes
- Funding mechanisms and taxing structures for local beach projects, the amount of revenue generated by these strategies, and what is Plan B when revenues fall short
- Recruiting identifiable “citizen” advocates for beach and inlet management projects
- Growing political attention and support for Florida’s successful beach program with state and federal lawmakers and local elected officials
- Recent changes in state agency rules, policies, and planning documents
- Federal project funding status and outlook
Abstract Submission Details
The conference will be held as a hybrid event. Please email abstract submissions to email@example.com.
Abstracts should be no more than two pages and include the following:
- title of the presentation
- the presenter’s name, professional title, affiliation, email, and location (City/State).
- indicate whether or not the presentation will be given on-site or virtual
- brief description of the material to be discussed
Abstract Deadline June 4, 2021
Speaker ExpensesAll expenses are the responsibility of the speaker, including travel, lodging and conference registration fees.