National Conference on
Beach Preservation Technology
Call for Abstracts
February 2-4, 2022
Embassy Suites St. Augustine Beach Resort
Deadline for submission has been extended until October 11, 2021
Submit your abstract here.
We welcome abstracts on the topics listed below:
- Shore protection projects
- Coastal research
- Coastal management initiatives - resilience, sea level rise, and nuisance flooding
- Sand source availability and regional sediment management
- Regional comprehensive coastal studies
- Beach and nearshore hydrographic surveying advancements and drone technology
- Dredging technology
- Coastal hazard and infrastructure management
- Coastal management policy decisions and lessons learned
- Living shorelines, seagrass and habitat creation
- Coastal pier construction projects
- Beach operations and maintenance
- Red tide and other Harmful Algal Blooms
- Storm surge modeling
Who Should Submit?
- Public and private sector engineers
- Environmental scientists
- Coastal geologists
- Marine scientists and biologists
- Academic researchers
- Coastal surveyors
- Coastal managers and local government representatives
Please submit abstracts not to exceed two pages in length, in PDF or Word format, using this form, by the abstract deadline mentioned above. The abstract must include name, affiliation, and contact information, including email address. The National Conference on Beach Preservation Technology Planning Committee will evaluate all abstracts. Abstract submittals shall describe the content of the proposed presentation and why it may be of interest to conference attendees. Abstracts shall include discussion on objective/motivation, methods/approach, results/findings, and conclusions/lessons learned.
Speaker ExpensesAll expenses are the responsibility of the speaker, including travel, lodging and conference registration fees.